Himachal Pradesh – Heaven On Earth!!!
Himachal Pradesh is known for its attractive beauty, calm and clean environment and amazing views of nature. Himachal is made up of two words Him and Achal. Him means Ice and Achal means Mountain. That is why Himachal Pradesh is also known as “The Land of Snow”.
Himachal Pradesh also has beautiful ancient temples of many famous Gods and Goddesses which are frequented by devotees and tourists throughout the year. That is why Himachal Pradesh is also known as “Devbhoomi” or the land of gods and goddesses.
Himachal Pradesh, situated in the lap of the Himalayas, is the main center of foreign tourists coming to enjoy the places of India. As there are total 12 districts in Himachal, you will find famous places to visit in every district.
History of Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh originated during the time of the first human civilization in India (Indus Valley Civilization). According to many famous historians, the influence of Aryans in Himachal Pradesh dates back to the time before “Rigveda”. The history of Himachal Pradesh is a combination of different cultures that have evolved over time.
Before the Mughals came to India, Himachal Pradesh was ruled by the Mauryas, Harshas and the Delhi Sultanate, who were so attracted and impressed by its beautiful and adapted environment that they built houses in this region for their summer stay.
Later, the British also repeated the same trend after coming here and left the hot areas to live in the cool and calm areas of Himachal and settled here.
Himachal Pradesh has a close association with the epics like “Mahabharata and Ramayana”. This state has been described by many names in various mythological stories and paintings.
Famous Food of Himachal Pradesh
The main cuisine of Himachal Pradesh is based on locally grown foods and is usually very tasty. Some popular dishes include:
- Dham: It is a platter of vegetarian dishes usually served on festivals and special occasions. The meal consists of rice, lentils, kidney beans, kadhi and bur curry, a local dish made from lentils. Click here for more information – Kangri Dham.
- Siddu: It is a steamed bread made from wheat flour or semolina, stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes or turnips.
- Babru: It is a deep fried roti made from wheat flour and filled with black gram paste.
Language’s in Himachal Pradesh
The official languages of Himachal Pradesh are Hindi and English. However, the major languages spoken there are Pahari (Himachali) languages such as Kangri, Kinnauri, Mandiali, Dogri, Bakhtiari, Jansari etc.
Famous Things in Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh is known for its beautiful mountainous environment, natural beauty and local food items. Here are some special things that you must see in this state:
- Mountain Views: Himachal Pradesh is one of the most beautiful states of India and the mountain views here are amazing. Overall, there are many mountain ranges here such as Himalaya, Pir Panjal, Dhauladhar etc.
- Mountain Life: The hilly regions of Himachal Pradesh have the maximum number of wild life. Here you can see wild animals like deer, land fox, bear, leopard, lion etc.
- Local Food: The taste of local food in Himachal Pradesh is very delicious. Various dishes like Dham, Siddu, Babru are special to Himachal Pradesh.
- Attractive Festivals: Many colorful festivals are celebrated in Himachal Pradesh such as Holi, Dussehra, Diwali, Shivratri, Sair, Minjar Fair, Dungri Fair, Losar etc. The festivals here are known for their heritage and local culture.
- Pilgrimage Places: Himachal Pradesh has some famous pilgrimage sites like Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple, Chamunda Mata Temple, Brajeshwar Mahadev Temple, Hatkoti Mahadev Temple, Jakhu Temple etc.
- Spirituality: Himachal Pradesh is one of the spiritual destinations of India. There are some such ashrams here like Aryavarta Ashram, Jeevan Mandir, Ashram Haridev, Ashram Brahmakumari etc.
Districts of Himachal Pradesh
There are a total of 12 districts in Himachal Pradesh, the list of which is given below.
FAQs For Himachal Pradesh
1. What is the capital of Himachal Pradesh?
The capital of Himachal Pradesh is Shimla.
2. Why is Himachal called Devbhoomi?
Himachal Pradesh is a state of India in which many ancient religious and spiritual places are located. There are many famous Hindu temples, Gurudwaras, Buddhist monasteries, Jain temples in this state which are known for their historical, cultural and religious importance. That is why Himachal Pradesh is known as Devbhoomi.
3. What is famous in Himachal Pradesh?
Himachal Pradesh is known for its natural beauty, camps, temples, valleys, rivers, lakes and wildlife diversity. Apart from this, it is a popular tourist destination where you can enjoy skiing, trekking, rafting, paragliding and other adventure activities.
4. What is the language of Himachal Pradesh?
The official languages of Himachal Pradesh are Hindi and English. However, the major languages spoken there are Pahari (Himachali) languages like Kangri, Kinnauri, Mandiali, Dogri, Bakhtiari, Jansari etc.
5. Why does Himachal Pradesh have two capitals?
Himachal Pradesh has only one capital, which is Shimla. However, Dharamshala is sometimes referred to as the second capital of the state as it is the location of the Chief Minister’s residence and many government offices. The state government also holds some of its administrative and legislative meetings in Dharamshala. However, using Dharamshala as the second capital is not official and Shimla is the only capital of Himachal Pradesh as per the state government.
6. What is the famous food of Himachal Pradesh?
The main cuisine of Himachal Pradesh is based on locally grown foods and is usually very tasty. Some popular dishes include: Kangri Dham, Siddu, Babru.
7. Which is the last village of Himachal Pradesh?
The last village of Himachal Pradesh which is without road and electricity is “Komik Gaon”. This village is situated on the banks of Spiti River and is the highest village of India located in Spiti Valley.
8. Which is the best month to visit Himachal Pradesh?
The best months for tourism in Himachal Pradesh are from April to June. In this season, one can see fragrant flowers and greenery along with cool winds.
9. Which is the most beautiful city of Himachal?
Himachal Pradesh has many beautiful cities such as Shimla, Manali, Dharamshala, Dalhousie, Kullu, Chamba, Palampur and Kangra. But Shimla is considered the most beautiful city of Himachal.
10. What is special in Himachal Pradesh?
Himachal Pradesh is known for its beautiful mountainous environment, natural beauty and local food items. Here are some special things that you must see in this state – mountain views, mountain life, local food, fascinating festivals, pilgrimage sites, spirituality.
- Haunted Places in Himachal: Secrets of the Whispering Himalayas
- [Watch]: Samit Dravid, Rahul Dravid’s son, shines with impressive fast bowling in Cooch Behar final
- 5 Surprising Experiences that will Transform Your American Road Trip: Going Beyond Bourbon & BBQ
- Cricket’s 11 Darkest Days: The Biggest Scandals and Shocks in the World Game
- 8 amazing cafes with breathtaking views in Manali | Best Cafe in Manali
- Renuka Lake: Complete information about its History and Beauty
- Renuka Ji Mela: A Celebration of Devotion and Cultural Richness in Himachal Pradesh
- Places to Visit in Kasol, Exciting Activities, and Cuisine
- Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh- 16 Best Places to Visit
- Shimla Mall Road- The hub of Shopping, Entertainment and Food Lovers
- Prashar Lake, A Hidden Paradise in the high Mountains of Himachal
- Shimla Kalka Toy Train Adventure : Whistle-Stop Wonder
- Dharamshala Cricket Stadium: Enchanting Playground Amidst the Himalayas
- Kareri Lake: Heaven for Nature Lovers, Full Trip Guide
- Solang Valley Manali: A Must-Read Guide for Your Adventure Ahead!
- Best 5 Places to Visit in Manali: Exploring Paradise
- Manali Best Time to Visit, Must-Visit Spots, and Packing Essentials!
- Bir Billing, Heaven of Paragliding | Trekking | Mountain Biking
- Dharamshala, 10 Best Places You Must Visit This Year
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Himachal in July
- Sujanpur Holi Mela, Himachal Pradesh
- Himachali Topi, Our Identity – Its Types, History and Other Complete Information
- 3 Airports in Himachal Pradesh (Updated 2024)
- Kangra Chai | Health Benefits and Tourism Treasure of Kangra Tea